A chargeback shall mean a transaction that is uncollectible and returned to service provider / Bhartipay by user / payee or acquiring bank for a refund to the concerned payer / user due to any of the following reasons:
- (a) Any payment which the user / payer refuses to honour or demands a refund of because the products purchased or the delivery thereof, was not as promised or was defective, deficient, incomplete and / or unsatisfactory for any reason whatsoever, or that payment for the same has already been made.
- (b) Any payments by a user / payer using the services, which is returned by the acquiring bank for any reason whatsoever.
- (c) Any charge / debit arising out of any alleged hacking breach of security or encryption that may be utilized by service provider / Bhartipay / payee from time to time.
- (d) Any transaction that is unsuccessful.
As a result of the rapid nature of movements of funds, once a payment has been initiated through the services, it may not be possible to retract the same using the services. If user wishes to attempt to chargeback/ retract a payment, he must notify his bank and Bhartipay immediately and provide all required information. Bhartipay cannot however guarantee that the payment will be retracted. It may be possible to charged back / retract a payment in case of a payment by debit / credit card, if the instruction is given to user’s bank and Bhartipay within the prescribed time. However it would not be possible to do so in case of any other mode of payment.
In the event of a chargeback situation arising in case of any products purchased by a user or payer, for which payment has not yet been made to the payee or user by service provider, the user or payer shall be advised by Bhartipay to resolve the issue with the payee or user or service provider within 45 days and Bhartipay shall then settle the payment in accordance with the solution agreed upon by the parties.
In such event, if the payee and the payer are unable to arrive at a satisfactory resolution of the problem within a period of 45 days, Bhartipay / service provider shall be entitled to make a direct credit to the disputing payer’s account for the disputed amount. Such a debit to the payee’s account and the direct credit to the disputing payer’s account shall not be disputed by the payee in any manner whatsoever. In the event of the payee and the payer arriving at a settlement within the said 45 day period, Bhartipay / service provider shall deal with the said monies in accordance with the terms of the settlement arrived at.
In the event of a chargeback situation arising in case of any products purchased by a user / payer, for which payment has been made to the payee / user / service provider, the user/ payer shall be advised to resolve the issue with the payee / user / service provider within 45 days and shall then settle the payment in accordance with the solution agreed upon by the parties.
Bhartipay shall not be responsible to make payments in respect of any chargeback unless it has received the requisite amounts from the concerned acquiring bank / service provider / payee / user. In the event of the receipt by Bhartipay of an amount of a chargeback from the acquiring bank / service provider, Bhartipay shall pass on to user / payer such amount received by them within 7 days.
In the event that the parties have agreed that user / payer is entitled to chargeback any transaction, Bhartipay may at its discretion, give effect to such chargeback entitlement in any one or more of the following methods:
- (a) Deduction of the relevant amount or any part thereof from any amounts to the payee.
- (b) Billing the concerned party for the relevant amount or any part thereof.